Self Introduction (Ready for comments)

To Miss Lim Lay Hoon

From Heng Jia Xuan

Date 20th January 2018

Title: Self Introduction

Dear Ms Lim,

I am Jia Xuan, currently an undergrad, enrolled in SIT's Hospitality Business degree program. Prior to enrolling in this program, I was carrying out my national service. During my time in the Army, I learn to communicate with authoritative figures, as well as other colleagues and that communication is key in interpersonal relationship.

I completed a diploma in Aviation Management & Services from Temasek Polytechnic. During the course of my studies, I had the opportunity to intern with Changi Airport Group as a Youth Ambassador. During my time here, I also learnt a lot about communicating with guests and passengers, especially as at the airport, timing may be tight and emotions may be running high. As such a strength that I have gained during my experience is that I am able to empathize with the passengers and try to work out a solution that is appropriate for the situation. However,  a possible communication weakness that I have noticed is that I tend to use a lot of fillers such as 'err, ummm' which may portray a less than ideal image. It may also show that I am hesitant and may not be confident in what I am trying to say.

The communication goals I have for this module will be to learn to communicate effectively in the workplace so that I can apply it to my upcoming IWSP.

Thank you for taking the time to read this self introduction, I look forward to the upcoming lessons.

Yours Sincerely,

Heng Jia Xuan

Comments

  1. Usage of certain words in sentences like "than" and "at" can be removed to make the sentence smoother. Other than that, nice introduction! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Introduction is short and sweet. Clearly elaborated on past experiences. Overall a good attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing was clear and concise. Good introduction! Overall a good attempt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 4: Presentation

Reflection on interpersonal communication